"We saw the ocean and I peed on a tree!!" 5:57 PM

Ok, so we didn't actually see the Ocean, it was more like a river - the St. Clair River, but to Max - it was the OCEAN. ;)

Tuesday the kids and I picked up Nana and headed off to GG's for a visit in Corunna. They were really excited, and would do ANYTHING I wanted, because I reminded them we were heading to see GG this week. Awesome. (Except - now what am I going to use as leverage?)

We arrived Tuesday before lunch at GG's, and all the kids immediately recognized and hugged GG happily. Funny how - no matter how big the gap in time between visits is - kids know their grandparents. We had a lunch, then Auntie Auntie Auntie Auntie Auntie Auntie Gail came for a visit (her lunch hour) with her friend Gwen, my cousin Lindsay (who works at Gail's dental office!) and even my cousin Jace dropped in. Oh what fun! While they were there, I casually mentioned that I was in need of a teeth cleaning (nothing is casual when you are talking my Aunt Gail and teeth...she is a dental hygienist), but she said she was booked all afternoon. No biggie.
Then after they left we got a phone call - Aunt Gail had an opening! LOL! So Ella and I scooted down to her office and we both got cleanings (and even had Dr. Bedard come take a look! Now I'm good for another 6 mons!!). It was fun. Yes, going to see the dentist was fun...I swear! :)

We walked downtown Corunna later and bought new (little) pools for the kidlets. They simply NEEDED to play in water in this heat!! So for the rest of the afternoon the kids played in the pools. It was FAB fun I tell you.

Gail and Jeany came over after supper and we played in the pools more, and gabbed, and gabbed. I'm so jealous that my mom has so many sisters. Not that my brother isn't fab himself, don't get me wrong...!!!! I love hanging with them and imagining that they could be MY sisters (instead of my aunts). I'm glad my girls will have each other. :)

Later we watched tv- a few different shows at once, with Gail and her INSANE remote clicking, it was bedtime. Ahhh...and once my head hit the pillow, it was lights out!

The next day was more water fun, and a discovery of mosquito bites. Max had approx 12 on his back, Ella had about 3, and Zoe - none. So weird! So I bought some citronella candles, and tried to keep the kids away from the grass.

In the morning while Zoe was sleeping, I took Ella and Max for a walk around town. We headed to the river and put our feet in the freeeeezing water. We threw tiny stones in the river, and watched boats crossing. It was so fun. No agenda, we just did as we pleased. Then we found a nice bench in a shady spot and just sat. I bought some popsicles and we ate them in our shady spot again, then ventured for a quick "Hello" to Aunt Gail at work. At one point Max needed to pee, so I found a tree, and away he went!! Later Max was talking to Daddy on the phone, and he looked at me and asked: "Can I tell Daddy that we saw the ocean and I peed on a tree?" After my nod, Max then said in the phone: "Daddy! We saw the ocean and I peed on a tree!!"
LOL!!! It was just sooo cute!!
We made it home (with Max on my back) and vegged in GG's freezing basement. THAT was nice...!
We had a dinner with Aunt Rudy and Carey. A late night talk full of fun. Deeeeep, stimulating conversation. Awesome. ;)

Today, again, we played. Gosh the kids are fun. Here are a few pics. I didn't get many, as we were having a bit too much fun. ;)


Zoe, enjoying her first chocolate covered ice cream treat! She ate it ALL!




CHECK out the chubbin's legs!!!!! ;)




Awww...GG and Baby Z! So cute!






Around 3am the first night, Max slipped into GG's room, and she invited him in. There he slept until the morning! They were so happy - both of them!! :D

Zoe, loving up one of her fav peeps.
Funny how these pics take you back. Here I am at home - reliving my visit. Really, I have such happy thoughts about going to visit my Grandma. Always...now I'm sad that we aren't with her now. WHY does she have to live so far away? Oh well, makes it better when we DO get there right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment