All you need is love :) 6:03 AM

...

hear that? Yup, that's the silence that is finally in my brain. Jeff and I decided to throw Mom and Dad a surprise bbq party to celebrate their turning 60 - together. (Dad turned 60 last year, and Mom is going to this Oct) It was a LOT of planning (oh so much fun!), but the worst was the keeping secrets - especially from Mom. I tell her everything...so it was almost impossible. I figured if anyone was going to screw up and spoil the surprise, it would be ME! LOL! BUT...as it turns out, I actually didn't, and they were completely shocked. Job = done. ;)


We decided on (ok, so I say "we", but I really mean "me"...! Jeff did everything I asked, and finished every list, but the planning was basically up to me. And since the party ended up being pretty much perfect, I'm pretty happy with myself!!!! LOL!), anyway, I figured since Mom loves the Beatles, and Dad kind of does (nor does he really care!) I settled on a Beatles theme. It's also the right 'era' I was looking for too. And a little different. And if you know me - different is what it's all about. :D It was quite interesting trying to come up with 'theme' related stuff, especially since it was an outdoor bbq, but I managed to incorporate a little theme in here and there. :)

Some 'Pop Shoppe' pop to keep it all real...


"Strawberry Fields Forever..."


Cake made by Erin (my Sister-in-law), who did a FAB job. Isn't it perfect? It was SUPER-yummy too!!!


Some good gabbin' going on methinks...


The girls!



Jeff sitting to chat, for only a moment. Then I had him back hard at work. :)


Um...Dad was very 'happy' at this point. It's hard to see his rosy cheeks. ;)


WHAT?!?! Could it be? A nice picture of me and my husband?!?!?!?!?



This pic cracks me up...Zoe trying to kick the soccer ball with Grandpa Joe close behind - holding her pink sippy cup. It's a nice look on you Joe!!!


My sweet Max. I love this pic. (And his hat - he lost his John Deere hat, so he's wearing Ella's Strawberry Shortcake one!! Since then I got him a black one with flames...soo cool!)


Who's kids ARE those anyway?


Isn't she beautiful? I love it when ppl say she looks like me. I agree :)


CRAZY FACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


My girls :)


Twirling in her Beatles skirt (made by AMAZING Shawnna!!)


Modelling


Max fell in love with 'Hungry Hungry Hippos'. He played there for a looong time. But it's so loud, we are NOT getting him his own. He can play it at Uncle Jeff's anytime... ;)


Auntie Gail getting in on the 'hippo' action.


The kids took over the tent - looks like they've MOVED in!




Auntie Rudy so happy with Zozo





"HE ate my cake."


Oh, LOVES it. All you need is love baby.


Aunt Norma and GG (love the sun shining on them in this pic)


Max's other love at Uncle Jeff's. He has a MOTORCYCLE.


Later, one of the balloons floated away...they watched it until it disappeared in the sky...


There are many other pics, but I had to quit at some point. It was a fab party.

Mom and Dad - you so deserved a FAB party. I love you both very much. You are completely perfect parents. I hope we have many many more chances to do it again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment