Can you say DRAMA? 6:02 AM

Two nights ago Ella and Max were playing out on the deck after supper. THEN the drama began...

Ella came in with *are you ready?* A SLIVER.

Yes, a nice LARGE sliver in the palm of her hand. All I could think of was: "CRAP!". She's not exactly good at letting us get them out. Ugh!!

So we had a bath, and I hoped that it was gently fall out while she was scrubbing away, but alas, it stayed in there, nice and cozy. *Excuse me while I 'Grrrrr'...!*

After her bath Rick and I explained to her that we needed to get it out, which she agreed to with those big blue eyes. THEN we tried, and the drama began, ooooooh man!!! She was NOT happy with us! LOL! In the end, Rick was sitting/leaning on her and holding her arm out straight, while Ella screamed her head off, and I held her hand and pulled that sucker out. Really...she was so frozen by then (we had an ice cube to freeze the sliver location) that when I touched the 'area' of the sliver, she didn't even flinch!!

Long story - short (wait?!?) we got the sliver out. Now comes the good part...

When I put Ella and Max to bed, I told them a story (they love my crazy stories!). This story was about a girl named Princess Penelope who was playing in her big beautiful playground (all made of wood...do you see where this is going?), when she put her hand down, and felt a little pinch. Sure enough, when she looked at her hand, she had a SLIVER.

At this point, Ella looks up at me with HUGE blue eyes and says: "Just like ME Mommy!"

HAHA!! Really...honey? That's quite the coincidence eh? LOL!!!! Awesome!
So the story ends with the poor princess having to go the hospital because she wouldn't let her Mommy or Daddy (who were the King and Queen don't 'cha know) take the sliver out and she had to stay for THREE days. Ella was HORRIFIED. "THREE days Mommy? That's a LONG time"

Yes, honey...it is. ;)

I have no pics I've taken lately, so I'm stealing my mom's pics she took yesterday! (Thanks Mom!)



My beautiful Mama, who has not been in my blog before! HOW did that happen? Well, here she is. That funky Mama who rocks, yeah, that's my Mom. ;)


Note the knees?!? She had a REALLY fun time at recess today. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment