Ella and Mommy Day! 6:38 PM

Today was all about Ella. She ended up having this ballet demonstration class today (a Thursday) at 9:30 am. (?) Yes, I thought the timing was weird too, but I guess it's normal. Whatevs...eh?

So I took the day off and we spent the day together! It started out with us heading to her ballet demonstration (completely full of of 'anal'...the owner of the ballet studio - VERY nice woman, but a bit anal... she made Ella take out her earrings, and little coloured hair elastics because she wasn't supposed to have anything other than the normal 'uniform' for ballet. Um...she's FOUR.) None-the-less, we carried on. No biggie!!

The funniest part (I got to watch, which I LOVED!) was when they picked up the pretend strawberries. Beautifully, of course, using their middle finger and thumbs. Kiera, the other little girl picked many strawberries, and when Miss Danielle asked how many she picked, Kiera very carefully (and beautifully I might add) picked them back out of her basket and counted each one. All the way to 14! (Yes, they were STILL pretend!) It was so cute!
Then Miss Danielle looked at Ella and asked her how many she picked. To which Ella replied:
"One thousand."

LMAO!!!!!!
It was hilarious! :D

After ballet we went downtown to pick up a few odds and ends, then to the Old Bakery Café for lunch. Ella (disgusted that I even bothered to ask her if she wanted something from the kids menu) ordered a 1/2 roast beef wrap. I could see it in her eyes: "Oh Mother!"
And, of course - she ate it all. Then she finished it all off with a lemon square (and ate that all too! And it was HUGE!) I also got her a FABULOUS chocolate milk topped with whip cream, which was yummy - so yummy she had to have me keep taking samples so I knew it was good too! She's so adorable!!


After lunch it was time for school. I volunteered this afternoon, and loved it yet again. The kids are just awesome, I mean I simply love them all. (Even the ones that seem to have only butterflies flying around in their skulls...!) I even got to help when they had gym class with Mr. Crockett - and when he didn't know their name? I DID!!! I felt so darn important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to go back and volunteer there again. It's just so much fun! :)

When school was finished we took a quick trip to Woodstock to buy Avatar from Zellers. Unfortunately I was too late, and all the copies were SOLD! Grrr....so we walked over to Rogers and found it for just a little more money. I couldn't wait to see it again...!
Then, I made the mistake of stopping at Bella's Toy Store on the way home..Ugh. I found a birthday present for my niece, a baby present for my niece/nephew tobe, and a beautiful Deux Par Deux dress for Ella. If anyone knows kids clothes, then they know I didn't get it cheap. ;) But adorable?!? Um...YES!! I will have pics tomorrow, because I've already been informed that she's wearing it - no matter what we are doing. Park to play? She's wearing it. LOL! :P

So that's it in a nutshell. My daughter Ella is a complete pleasure to be around, and fun too. I'm so lucky. :)

2 comments:

momwifemaid365 said...

Its nice when you have a nice day with only one! I love one on one time! And shes a cutie to boot! Glad you had a great day together!

LJ said...

Aw, it sounds like you two had a great day!
You sound like you really love kids.

Post a Comment