Easter and time... 4:47 PM

Time you might ask? Well, I've realized that 'time' is an important thing. VERY important, and boy does it go fast. I've already been back to work for 2 weeks...and the kids are growing up so fast that I need to spend good, quality TIME with them. That is what my plan is now. I *thought* it was important before, but since I'm without them for so long now, and when I AM with them, it's a fight to be with each of them - it's become very high valued. So 'time' is where it's at at the Vries house!!

Easter was this weekend, and Ooooh, what a weekend! It started out with a trip to the One of a Kind Show in Toronto with my friend Angela and her mom. It was great fun! I got some GREAT finds - including this awesome dragon tail I got for Max:
(Note Ella's dragon costume too - see how short it is on her?!? LOL!)


Saturday we had a relaxing day, well...kind of - our relaxing Saturday started with a sleep-in (no ballet!!!!!!!!!!!!!) then a call to Nana to see if she could drive us to swimming! Luckily she could, so she brought us all for Ella and Max's last swimming lesson. Whew! Then home for naps, then groceries. Ahhh...good times. OH! The wind storm! I almost forgot - after we got home from groceries the skies looked ominous, so I quickly ran out to take the laundry from the line in. Man, that was fun...torrential winds made all the clothes slap me in the face, and blow away!! UGH! Not fun trying to take 4 loads of laundry off during THAT! BUT, I did get them in, at last. :)

Sunday morning (today!) the kids woke up to a kitchen table full off plastic eggs, and a note from the Easter Bunny telling them to find a chocolate egg each hidden somewhere under one of the plastic eggs. (This instead of an egg hunt - because of Baby Z who might find one before the big kids did!) Once they found their eggs, they got to go look for their baskets! Max just kills me - he is a chocoholic (not unlike his mother...??!?!?!) and immediately started unwrapping his chocolate eggs. Awesome! Nothing like chocolate for breakfast. No, really - THERE IS NOTHING LIKE CHOCOLATE FOR BREAKFAST....(excuse me while I drool a little...) :D

This is Max *trying* to smile with his mouth full of chocolate!

And Ella happy with her dolly in a purse!

My little walker Baby Z...taking more and more steps every day! She's so adorable! (Can you see the big goose-egg on her forehead? She decided to get out of the tub by herself last night. Oops...)

Ella and Max in chocolately-heaven bliss.


This afternoon while the little ones slept, Ella and I went out to try out the new chalk (bunny chalk!)

I drew a bunny, and Ella decided to go for a piggy-back ride on it for the pic!! (Or bunny-back ride?!?)

THEN, Mommy decided to chase Ella-Bells around the place. What FUN!!! I clicked a few pics too! I simple LOVE pics like this! You can see her BURSTING with smiles!!!!!!! :D





Thanks for the 'time' this weekend. It was amazing. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE it! Great pics :)

LJ said...

Beautiful pics! I love the shot of Ella and your bunny drawing.

Jeannette said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! As always your children are adorable and look so happy!

Post a Comment