Relay for Life...oops! 10:55 AM

Friday night (it's been a busy week!) Ella, Max and I went to the Relay for Life with my work. Our 'theme' was robots. My boss made all the corrugated robots, and everyone had to decorate their own. It was really cute altogether! Steve made 2 smaller robots (without the heads, because they would simply NOT last!) for my kidlets, and I printed out some robot stickers for them to decorate. What fun!!



Just after 9pm, I figured it was time to go. The kids has been wonderfully behaved, but were getting tired. So we gathered up all our stuff, and started to walk (against the grain) out of the stadium to the car. Max was very tired, but was walking along the white line, when - WHAM! A little girl (maybe four years old?) ran right into him.
At first I didn't think it was too big of a deal, they both fell down, and he was bleeding a tiny bit from his lip, but nothing bad. THEN I looked up at his eye, which was quickly puffing up bigger and bigger right before my eyes. Someone quickly suggested we should get an ice pack on it, so we scooped up all of our stuff and headed to see the paramedics. They were wonderful!!! While the woman was tending to Max, the man played with Ella's bean bag game to keep her occupied. When we were all finally settled, I scooped up my poor tired Max (with a cold compress hung on his head by a bandage thing) and headed for the van. He was so tired he immediately feel asleep, I think the moment I put him in his seat. Poor guy!

Saturday morning he woke up and came upstairs claming: "I feel better Mommy!". Yeah! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment