Peter Pan in Stratford 12:38 PM


For Ella's 5th birthday this year Mom bought Ella her first Stratford Festival play ticket. Of course I got to go too! (Except she didn't buy MY ticket!!) We decided that Peter Pan would be perfect - and it WAS!!!!
Ella was a PERFECT DOLL for the entire thing. We went out to lunch first (although I had been sick, so I wasn't up to much!) and she kept asking: "Is it time to go see Peter Pan yet?" So cute! She was literally ON THE EDGE of her seat the ENTIRE time. She would look over at me and smile, then squish close to me for a squish hug. Adorable!

Here she is dancing before Peter - I believe she is being Tinkerbell


*Le sigh* "Is it time to go see Peter Pan yet?"

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Tinkerbell, they used a light (kind of like a flashlight) shaped like a fairy, and then she would magically go into things and light them up. It was done really well.
Yesterday while I was watching her dance in the livingroom after supper, the remote control was sitting on the arm of my chair, and reflecting a spot on the wall. So I moved it and told her to look. She watched the moving light for a minute, then turned to me and very seriously asked if it was a real fairy. My heart leapt up into my chest - what do I say? I thought for a moment, then told her the truth, but also mentioned that I'm an avid believer in fairies, so she'll have to keep her eyes open to see a REAL one someday.

It's amazing being five, it really is. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment