I found my old blog!! 5:12 PM

I started a blog a long time ago, and have since forgotten about it, until tonight. For some reason I saw the 'blog' logo on my FB page and remembered!!!

So this will take you back...

June 2, 2008


So please tell me what is so thrilling about rocks? Tiny dirty stones. Ok, I do realize that they may taste a bit salty (ew...) and they do look like candy - but seriously!
My son has decided that the small stones at the playground look scrumptious. Mmmm, I can just see him now - shovelling them in his little mouth.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I've found that it's even MORE exciting when Mom freaks out and tries to get him to stop. THEN he looks right at me, and shoves more in. This a perfect word for him that I will never use in front of him: Little bugger!!! ;)

On the other hand Ella is so cute I could just squeeze her until the cows come home (Ok, I could squeeze Max too - it's hard to ignore those cheeks, even if they are stuffed full of stones!). Instead of saying "What?" when she doesn't hear something, she says "Pardon?" ...it's so cute! And, because I've started stressing that she should wait until I'm done talking to Daddy before she speaks, she now says "Mommy, I'm speaking to you," and I must stop and look at her before she will tell me what she needs. It's hilarious!!! :)

I love my kids. Every day is a new adventure!


June 13, 2008

Today I had Colby and Shay come (since their babysitter was out of comission at the last minute). I was a little worried at first, but once we got going, it was smooth sailing. Talk about cute kids. Shaylyn kept showing me her 'ippo' (Hippo) and saying "See?" Oh, it was just too cute for words. They were both so adorable, and my kids got along with them so well!
So I figure I'm just lucky to have some great nieces and nephews, and I can't forget all my others too...such great kids. I'm so glad to have been able to get to know Justin, Colin & Rachael all before I had kids so I could focus entirely upon them. I feel bad that I haven't been able to do that with Colby, Shay, Loren or Evan for many reasons. It's hard working full time, and trying to get time with your own children let alone other people's! I guess it's all part of a mother's guilt eh? Good times...

I feel at least a little better about a couple of those kiddies now after today. It's a small step!


July 21, 2008

Who knew a little Scooby-Doo bandaid could completely cure growing pains? Oooh, ye have little faith. Let me tell you that my darling daughter Ella woke up last night crying with sore legs. I can only imagine that she was having some growing pains (I remember those...ouch!), that could ONLY be relieved by Bandaids (so she says). I tried to calm her down, tried to give her a drink and sang her a song, but it was Bandaids that she wanted. So, I took her to the bathroom where she picked out the Scooby-Doo brand bandaids (obviously Dora or Enchanted bandaids are only for finger scrapes?), and we put one on each of her legs. (She made sure to show me EXACTLY where they were to be located. Once in place - her crying stopped, and she asked me to carry her back to bed.

...Uh, that's it? You were in so much pain, but now it's just GONE? I wonder how Bandaids manage to menally warp my child. But really who cares? For a few cents, she was cured, and went directly back to sleep - so...BRING ON THE BANDAIDS!!! It's all good.

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment