Shopping for jewels... 8:50 PM

Wow...another shopping trip over. I feel so....complete, yet sad that it's over so darn fast!


Let me fill you in: My mom and I volunteer at the Alexandra Hospital Gift Shop in Ingersoll, and we get to buy the plush and jewellery. BEST JOB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Twice a year we get to go to the CGTA Show and Mode Show in Toronto and buy thousands of dollars worth of jewellery. (Well, ok, maybe just a 'couple' thousand...LOL!) But it's a BLAST! Partly because we are buying lots and lots of jewellery, partly because it's not our money (!) and because my mom and I always have a good time together. It's so handy having your mom be one of you best friends! :)


Since I was gone ALL day, I was away from Baby Z...and since she is still nursing lots, I had to bring my handy-dandy breast pump along with me. What fun that is.

Scenario: me, sitting in a bathroom stall, pumping my breasts - somewhat successfully (there's nothing like the 'actual baby' to make the milk come in the best!), while someone is peeing right beside me. Everything SCREAMS wrong to me (breast milk & bathroom = CONTAMINATED!!), but it's not like I'm saving it for her, so really it's ok. But it just feels sooo wrong.

Then there's the lovely sound it makes, and me sitting there wondering what the heck the people on both sides of me are wondering what I'm doing!!! Ahhh...good times.

So, I finally finish (whew!), dump the liquid gold into the toilet (again, sooo wrong!), and then drop the entire pump on the ground (nice and loudly) and all the pieces bounce into the next (occupied) stall. Again, ahhhh...good times. ;)

After all that fun, I get to bring it out for all to see, rinse it out and then decide what the HECK I'm going to do with a wet breast pump, because I don't want it to leak icky bathroom water all over the contents of my purse. Have I said it before? Ahhhh...good times...?


At least I didn't sit in a nice comfy chair that turned out to be SOAKED with rain water like I did last time we went shopping...now THAT was fun. ;)


Thanks Mom, that was a complete blast, can't wait to do it again in 6 months!!! :D

2 comments:

Pie for the Eye said...

Thanks for the laugh, that made me smile. I'd forgotten the challenges of pumping in a public place.

Sounds like a fun shopping trip!

AngelaSpots said...

You and your Mom are too cute together!

Post a Comment