Our Port Elgin Weekend AWAY! 11:53 AM

For my birthday this year Rick asked me what I wanted to DO, so I told him that we needed a weekend away - just the two of us, before this baby comes! After much discussion - we decided on Port Elgin (thanks to my co-worker Cathy!). We dropped the kids off Saturday morning at J&J's, and were off! We had a good time. Funny, but the best part was the long drive. Just talking (and me crocheting!) and watching the landscape...it was great. On the way there the weather kind of sucked, but we made the best of it!

North of Grand Bend we started to see the windmills...but there weren't as many as I though, but still saw lots...

Just 5 min North of Port Elgin is South Hampton. (We SO have to come back in the summer!) We did some driving around the small town, and stopped at this little market for a bit of shopping! This is the big lighthouse there...

Wait.....what is this? Is that a SMILE...ON CAMERA from my husband? Wow. Weird. Unique. ;)

Ok, so it was only this past weekend, yet I can't remember where we saw this...duh. But it was all pretty!
And a close-up of the lighthouse waaaaaay out!

Lake Huron. Although the weather wasn't the best, I still thought I'd see blue water. I guess I just had to wait one more day...!


Yeah! Sun on Sunday!! AND...we discovered where all the windmills were hiding - in the fog! As far as we could see them - a 'sea' of windmills on our way home!


The blue sky Sunday was just fantastic. I tried to capture just how BIG these suckers are. It's hard to really see it in pics. I really wanted to go up and touch one, but I was too cold... ;)

All the power lines from Bruce Hydro - with MORE windmills in the background!

And last, but not least, blue water. Finally!!
What a wonderful weekend! But next time - I want nice, warm weather! :D

1 comments:

momwifemaid365 said...

Glad you had a nice weekend! The windmills really are huge, we have tons around us!

Post a Comment