Zoe, the beginning 10:31 AM

Last, but not least - but not for long!

It's all about Zo-J...
It all started on Sunday morning, at about 3 a.m. Contractions. Oooooh the fun was just about to begin! (Little did I know how LONG the fun would last...!!)
After a few hours of those, I decided to get up and have a shower, fully intending (although *trying* not to get my hopes up...) to have my new baby that day! After getting out of the shower, Rick woke up, and with his "I love my kids so much" smile, looked at me and said "So...is it time?". I was sure hoping so!
So we after Ella and Max woke up, we got them fed, and sent them off to Nana Dianne and Grandpa Bop's for the day. I stayed home thinking that I would rest a little, and by the time Rick got back, the contractions had stopped. WHAT?!? So we decided to go for a drive to London anyway, walk around the mall a bit and see if we could get things 'going' again. Once in the van, the contractions started again, and were getting more regular, so I was quite happy - again!
We walked around the mall, even went to see a movie, all while having contractions, but they weren't too regular, they were more sporadic. I was so tired by 5pm that I suggested we at least go get 'checked out' at the hospital.
Off we ventured to St. Joseph's, where they told me I was only dilated 1cm, and to go home, and wait for more 'regular' contractions, that were closer together.
On the way home, they started getting regular again, and were consistently 10-15 apart, and getting a bit stronger. Rick laughed that we would have to turn around once we got to Ingersoll, just to go back to London again! (Didn't quite happen though...)
We made it home, and after a nice bath, and relaxed, and after going to bed, they stopped.

Monday I woke up with more contractions, but still sporadic. I raced over to Nana's to see the babes, (I hated waking up to a house empty of my kids!) and after a nice reunion, just had an easy day of Mommy sitting in her chair lots, having contractions on and off.

Tuesday was more of the same, until around 4pm. Once I started this lovely dinner for everyone, my contractions started to *really* kick in, and were regular at 10 apart. Rick got home, and after I let him finish making dinner, at about 6:30, I had 5 min apart, regular contractions, that were starting to hurt. We ate supper, got the kids all ready for Nana's once again, and drove over to drop them off.

We arrived at St. Joes around 8:30pm, and were admitted right away. I was already 4-5cm dilated, and I was keeping very regular (or even closer together) 5 min apart contractions. I debated and debated about getting an epidural, and after being checked again (around 7cm dilated) decided to go for it because it seemed like it would be another few hours at least, and I was pretty tired by then. The anesthesiologist came in shortly after, and administered my epidural, and it didn't take too long to kick in. Once it did, the nurse told me to tell her when I felt 'bearing down contractions or pressure' , to let her know, and as she told me this, it started. Major, and I mean MAJOR pressure to push started immediately, and didn't stop until our little Zoe came out! It lasted about 20 min long - continuous, overwhelming pressure to push. It was CRAZY. The nurses told me it was my 3rd time, so to just do what I thought I needed to. (I was still a bit confused though, as I had never felt pressure that intense before, so kept asking if I was supposed to push? Or wait..?!? It was so weird!) I was quite squirmy, because I couldn't get comfortable with all the pressure, but I just kept on pushing. It didn't take long to feel Zoe come down the birth canal, and because I DO remember from before, I didn't let completely go of 'pushing', so she stayed there until I pushed again, and very quickly I heard her first little squeak!! The doctor laughed and said she was crying, but only 1/2 way out!! I pushed one more time, and they brought this little purple thing out and put her on my belly. Everyone was talking while I was trying to ask if it was a boy or girl, when they FINALLY told me. My little Zoe was born! It was at 1:01am. (Like Ella, 1 min after the hour!)

She has a 'stork bite' on her face, which in time will fade, but as the pediatrician said: will always let us know when she is lying!! Too funny! Already it fades when she is at rest, but when she gets worked up goes quite pink! But she's still as cute as a button. LOVE IT!

Rick thinks she has Max's nose, which I agree. Her cheeks aren't quite as big as the other two, but they are still chubby. She's adorable, with long fingers and LONG feet.

She picked up breast-feeding VERY quickly, and is a great eater.
Yesterday I went through Ella's tub of newborn clothes, and had a MARVELOUS time picking out all the outfits she used to wear that I LOVED that now Zoe can wear again!!! I can't believe I have TWO girls!!! Don't get me wrong, I would have loved another boy too, but my Max will just have to do!

Last night when the kids finally returned, and Rick was home (holding Zoe), I looked at them all and it just felt sooo right. We were so meant to have her. *eyes welling up* I'm so happy right now. And keep thanking God for three perfect babies. Gosh we are lucky! *and...tears*

Zoe christens the house:Thursday morning we arrived HOME! Zoe needed to be changed, so I took her to the change table while Rick was having a bit of lunch. I took her diaper off and she POOPED! Yes, AFTER the diaper was off! All over the change pad! So I cleaned it up just in time for her to do it TWO MORE TIMES!!! I was laughing at this point...yelling at Rick for a bit of help, when - low and behold - she peed. It was just too funny! Luckily Rick was there to give me an extra hand! It was hilarious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment