St. Patricks Day at Nana & Grandpa's 5:29 AM

Yesterday the kids got to stay at Nana and Grandpa's all day! They were SOO excited! I just LOVE their excitement about seeing their grandparents. It just makes me so happy!

It also happened to be St. Patricks day yesterday too! So I dressed them in as much green as I could find, and then let Nana take over from there. They ate green jello, and made green shamrock art for Daddy (it's his birthday today!). What fun!

Dad was there too - since he is laid off right now (bummer, but nice for the kids!) so the kids were in even MORE heaven that normal! AND Dad took off for a ride on 'Red' for the afternoon. Heaven, again!

Mmmm...green jello! There was one extra, Nana wanted to leave it for Daddy, but Max wasn't too happy about that. ;)

Ella is reading like a champ. All of a sudden she 'got it' and reads REALLY well, and loves it. I've started getting her some chapter books, and the beginner chapter books seem even too easy for her now too! WOW!
Nana and Grandpa took the kids to the library yesterday too (it was a FULL day for them! No wonder mom was just about falling asleep on the couch at 8pm last night!!!!!!!!!!!!), and the kids all got books. Ella's was a "Fancy Nancy" book, her fav lately. She read the entire thing at the library, but still wanted to bring it home for a bit.
Zoe, LOVES to read too. It's really cute, she will say: "Where is Doey goin?" when she reads her "Zoe's Snowy Day" book. Then she will look up at me and say: "I readin'!!" LOVE IT! A reader already!!

Awww...all SO happy to have some Grandpa time too!! Time to retire Dad... ;)
(Oh, but a pretty new door in the blue room though eh - with windows in it so the sun can shine through! A bonus since Dad put that in since he's been off work!)

The day ended great with Rick and I coming to pick the kids up and staying for dinner. That's right, I didn't have to cook!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing makes my night like not cooking! AND I got an ice cream cake for Rick for his birthday! The kids gobbled it up like I was not expecting! Awesome. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment