The Story of Mad Max 10:20 AM

Again, pics to be added later! Imagination caps on people!!

Max's story
About 4 days before his due date, I was home attempting to play with Ella (20 months old at the time) slowly getting up and down from the floor. Once I gave up to watch a movie with her, I noticed that I started to have some labour pains. This was all new - as my water had broken with Ella, so of course, I assumed this would happen again with this pregnancy. I sat there wondering if this was really 'it', and even called a friend to confirm. She said it probably was, so I started to time it all. Sure enough, they were contractions, and they were getting closer and closer together. Shocked, scared and yet excited, I called Mom to come and take Ella, so we could go to the hospital! For some reason, Mom was gone, and Dad was home, so Grampy Bob came to take my little angel away, and I cried thinking it was the last time she was my only child.
Rick came home to get me, and off we went to the hospital. I was having contractions 5-10 min apart, so the nurses told me I could either walk around the hospital to get them coming faster, or even go back home. Rick and I decided to just drive down the street and walk around the mall. THAT was fun. Between my Braxton Hicks contractions and the real ones, I could only take 2 or 3 steps, then I had to stop and breathe…I swear it took an hour to get through Sears…! BUT I had motivation, I simply needed an ice cream sundae. So I managed, with my poor husband being extremely patient beside me to make it to Dairy Queen. While he ordered me my sundae, I went pee, and discovered that it was time. (I'll save you the details!) So I waddled out quite slowly to get my sundae and told Rick. He said he would go back and get the van while I got to sit and eat my sundae.
I remember someone sitting near me asking if I was due soon. Um..yes!! They were shocked that I was IN labour right then!
I finished my strawberry sundae (which was REALLY good BTW), and waddled to the closest entrance.
Once back at the hospital, my contractions were closer together and I was dilated even more. Whew! I could stay!!
I tried to just 'deal with the pain', but at some point I gave up and asked for an epidural. A couple hours after it kicked in I started into hard labour, and 20 min of pushing, my baby boy was born!!!
As soon as the doctor pulled him out - everyone started predicting his weight. They figured he was a ten pound baby for sure. I was shocked - I mean, compared to Ella he was TINY…but I was wrong. 9lbs 14oz - almost 10 pounds he was!! Oh, and cheeks to match! He was huge. His hands were big, and he even had a wrinkle between his eyebrows. His name was beyond perfect. Our little "Mad Max"!

The following day Aunt Janet came into my room - she was on shift!! She immediately told me that she needed to come see this baby with the HUGE hands!! She said all the nurses were commenting on this big baby boy! Yes, that's my Max!

Rick was SO proud! I was in complete bliss, and shock that he was so big! We gave him some formula as a supplement because he wanted to eat SO much, and my milk just wasn't in yet. But that didn't last long. Once we were home, he just needed lots of breast milk, and he was happy.

Oooh, he was so happy. He was so content, ALL THE TIME. He loved watching Ella, and did NOT want a soother. I swear he must have been the most subdued baby of all time. It was funny how happy he was just watching us, and smiling lots. Already, we knew he was a lot like his dad. We are so lucky. :)

***Info from Nana Dianne***
March 15, 2007
Happy news!
Maxwell Joseph was born March 14, 2007 at 10:45 p.m. at St. Joseph's Hospital. He is 9 pounds 14 ounces and 20 ½ inches long with big cheeks and reddish-blond hair.
Talked to Stace this morning and everyone is doing fine. Janet Gee is working today and has visited Stace and Max several times! How nice to have a family member as your nurse.
Bob, Ella and I are going to visit today.

Later that day...
Rick was there and Ella was fascinated with little brother. We gave Max a long legged lion. Max was wearing a blue hat that I believe Rick bought at the Gift Shop.

March 16, 2007
Max and Stacey came home from the hospital this morning. Bob, Ella and I picked them up and brought them home about 10:30 a.m. Ella was glad to see her Mommy and Stacey looks and feels great! Ella came to stay one more night at our house and Max got to sleep in his own house. Yeah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment